Whanau Ora Navigator Service
The Whanau Ora Navigator seeks to work with Maori not enrolled with a medical service and their whanau to link with general practice services or alternative health care teams.
The aims of this Service are to:
- improve access to primary health care services for un-enrolled maori and their whanau
- improve the health status of un-enrolled maori and their whanau, particularly in the under 30 year old age group
- facilitate entry to effective primary health services for high need whanau and refer and/or transfer the whanau to other professionals as appropriate
- identify barriers to accessing primary health services for high needs whanau and where appropriate champion the whanau need to other services
- draw on existing networks and connections to action collaborative efforts focused on meeting the needs of whanau
This service is FREE to all clients who meet the criteria.
Kainga Whanau Ora Service:
Kainga Whanau Ora Service is our collective impact initiative which is concentrating on engaging with 100 households who live in Housing New Zealand homes in Palmerston North. Our Whanau Ora Navigator Service is integral to the success of this initiative as they support whanau to develop plans for their identified goals and aspirations.
- All whanau live in structurally safe, warm, dry homes within flourishing communities in Palmerston North
- These same whanau have access to workshops and educational opportunities which increases knowledge and skills to make improved decisions
- Whanau living in loving and respectful relationships free of violence