Whanau Ora Navigator Service
Whanau Ora is a Whanau led, Whanau centred, strength-based service, that provides support to Whanau on their journey in achieving their moemoea (dreams and aspirations). The Whanau Ora Navigator provides coaching, advocacy and brokerage services for Whanau to create and implement their own Whanau Ora plans, utilising Te Ara Whanau Ora Model to achieve this.
The aims of this Service are to:
- Encourage Tino Rangatiratanga so Whanau can self-manage, feeling confident that they have the tools in their kete to advocate for themselves and their Whanau.
- Ensure that Whanau are utilsing their skills and tools to access resources that will support and sustain their wellbeing.
- Draw on new and existing networks and connections to action collaborative efforts focused on meeting the needs of Whanau.
- Whanau have a completed Te Ara Whanau Ora plan.
This service is FREE to all clients who meet the criteria.
Kainga Whanau Ora Service:
Kainga Whanau Ora Service is our collective impact initiative which is concentrating on engaging with households who live in Housing New Zealand homes in Palmerston North. Our Whanau Ora Navigator Service is integral to the success of this initiative as they support whanau to develop plans for their identified goals and aspirations.
- All whanau live in structurally safe, warm, dry homes within flourishing communities in Palmerston North
- These same whanau have access to workshops and educational opportunities which increases knowledge and skills to make improved decisions
- Whanau living in loving and respectful relationships free of violence