Māori Disability Support Services
Our service is aimed at improving the quality of life and independence of people with disabilities. We offer:
Advice & Guidance
- On treatment and rehabilitation services available
- Referrals to other health services where necessary for assessment and service co-ordination services
- On decision making where requested
- On access to Home Support Services
- On the role of the Disability Support Services
- On the methods of access to Disability Support Services
- On the rights and entitlements of disabled people
We are committed to:
- Helping disabled individuals and whānau stay healthy and well
- High standards of disability care
- Quality time with the Disabilities Officer
- Quality time with doctors if necessary
- Cultural appropriateness
- Supporting individuals and whānau through the assessment, service co-ordination and referred services process
- Providing a comfortable environment for disabled clients
- Seeing clients within thirty minutes of arriving for an appointment
- Ensuring your confidentiality at all times
- Interpreter/Communication Services available upon pre-arrangement.
There is no fee to access Māori Disability Support Services.
Please contact us or email Kylie Johanson.