Breast Screening Health Promotion Services
Whakapai Hauora provides free breast screening promotion services.
The services include:
- Breast screening promotion
- Providing support (including transport) and awhi to Māori women having a mammogram
- Community awareness raising the importance about breast screening to enable whānau to make more informed decisions
- Breast screening promotion presentations
- Advice to Māori women and their whānau regarding the choices available in relation to breast screening and breast health
- Support for breast screening assessment and treatment
- Age target 45-69 years
Our goals in providing this service are to:
- Increase the detection of breast cancer amongst Māori women
- Reduce Māori mortality from breast cancer
- Inform Māori women and their whānau about breast health and breast cancer
- Inform Māori and their whānau about the Breast Screening Programme
- Inform Māori women and their whānau about the advantages of early detection
"Early detection is the best protection".
Breast screening is the best chance of keeping yourself and your whānau healthy and free from the devastating effects of breast cancer.
This map highlights the coverage area for Whakapai Hauora Breast Screening Promotion Services.
If you live within this area and want to find out more please contact us or email our Breast Screening Health Promotions Co-ordinator, Jacqui-lee Gray.
No cost to access services