Whanau Ora Navigator Service
The Whanau Ora Navigator seeks to work with Maori not enrolled with a medical service and their whanau to link with general practice services or alternative health care teams.
The aims of this Service are to:
- improve access to primary health care services for un-enrolled Maori and their whanau
- improve the health status of un-enrolled Maori and their whanau, particularly in the under 30 year old age group
- facilitate entry to effective primary health services for high need whanau and refer and / or transfer the whanau to other professionals as appropriate
- identify barriers to accessing primary health services for high needs whanau, and where appropriate champion the whanau need to other services, including social services, housing etc.
- draw on existing networks and connections to action collaborative efforts focused on meeting the needs of whanau
This service is FREE to all clients who meet the criteria.
Whanau Ora Navigator
To access our Whanau Ora Navigator please contact us or email Rahera Hapi-Moresi
or ring (06) 353-6385.