Cancer Coordinator Services
Kia Ora and welcome to Whakapai Hauora Cancer Coordinator Service. Our service is provided FREE and available to those who reside in Palmerston North.
Kathleen Holloway-Smith; Cancer Coordinator
Cancer causes considerable suffering in society, is a significant burden on the health system and impacts disproportionately on Iwi/Maori. There is clear evidence of marked inequalities and widening gap for cancer incidence and mortality between Iwi/Maori and non-Maori.
Our Cancer Coordinator will work across the cancer control continnum for Maori, either before or at diagnosis of cancer who require ongoing support in the community.
The Cancer Coordinator Service includes:
- Supporting clients and their whanau to cancer services
- Improving the level of communication and facilitate increased knowledge/information on cancer
- Supporting Maori community development initiatives for cancer
- Improve the delivery of health promotion and education about cancer
- Support cancer service coordination for the diagnosed patient and their whanau
- Working in a collaborative way with other service providers to ensure a continuum of care for clients and their whanau.
This service is provided in a range of setting including:
- Te Kohanga Reo
- In Private Homes where appropriate
- Here at Whakapai Hauora
To access our Cancer Coordinator please contact Kathleen Holloway-Smith