Breast Screening Health Promotion Services
Whakapai Hauora provides free breast screening promotion services. The services include:
- breast screening promotion
- providing support (including transport) and awhi to Maori women having a mammogram
- community awareness raising the importance about breast screening to enable whanau to make more informed decisions
- breast screening promotion presentations
- advice to Maori women and their whanau regarding the choices available in relation to breast screening and breast health
- support for breast screening assessment and treatment
- age target 45-69 years
Breast Screening Health Promotions
Our goals in providing this service are to ...
- increase the detection of breast cancer amongst Maori women
- reduce Maori mortality from breast cancer
- inform Maori women and their whanau about breast health and breast cancer
- inform Maori and their whanau about the Breast Screening Programme
- inform Maori women and their whanau about the advantages of early detection
Do the “right thing" so that you, and the whanau unit as a whole, remain healthy.
This map highlights the coverage area for Whakapai Hauora Breast Screening Promotion Services, so if you live within this area and want to find out more please contact us or email our Breast Screening Health Promotions Co-ordinator, Yvonne Hewson.
No cost to access services
click map to enlarge